Geotechnical site investigation near St Ives, Cornwall.
Geotechnical Site Investigation:
A site investigation for ground strength can have significant advantages to any development. An AGS Ground Solutions geotechnical site investigation can:
- allow an efficient foundation to be designed, minimising materials consumption and expense.
- be tailored for submission as part of an NHBC or LABC warrantee.
- Be suitable for submission to the local authority as part of a planning application.
- Be suitable for submission to building control.
- Offer you peace of mind for your new development.
Geotechnical site investigation for an anaerobic digestion plant in Yeovil, Somerset.
Ground Bearing Pressure or Serviceable Limit State?:
Traditionally, a geotechnical site investigation would produce a ground bearing pressure. Many private developers still require a ground strength presented in this format. It is now a requirement for many organisations, including public bodies, to carry out a geotechnical site investigation in accordance with Eurocode 7, producing a Serviceable Limit State (SLS) for the strength of the ground. AGS Ground Solutions will produce you either a ground bearing pressure or a SLS as you require.
Geotechnical site investigation in Truro, Cornwall.
In addition to the ground strength, our geotechnical reports can contain a host of information useful to your development:
- Soil properties
- Discussion on suitable foundation types
- The requirement for suspended ground floors
- Information on ground heave / subsidence within clay soils
- Attack on buried concrete
- California bearing ratios for driveways / hardstanding